Work Package 1 "Coordination"
This Work Package manages the overall coordination of the research and
administrative tasks involved with ITHACA.
Overall Strategy and Methods
The project is managed through the following:
- The establishment of the ITHACA Project Co-ordinating
Centre (PCC) in London with technical and administrative support.
- Creation and coordination of the ITHACA Project Management
Team (PMT) consisting of the leads from all five Work Packages (WP) and
the Project Co-ordinator.
- Creation, management and support of the ITHACA Heads of
Sites Team (HST) for heads of all 16 sites, and ensure that Heads of
Sites are responsible for proper local technical, financial and
administrative management at individual sites and report back to PCC
progress of work. Coordinate meetings for HST.
- Oversee the facilitation and analysis of focus groups with
service users in all sites. These focus groups bring service user
perspective directly into the development of the monitoring tool.
- Establishment of the Expert Advisory Group (EAG) which is
composed of collaborating partners and the Commission. They will offer
regular advice to the PCC, PMT and HST on the methods, aims and
operations of the project, how best practice and results of the study
are disseminated, and related developments in the field of mental
- Support the involvement of junior project staff and their
mentoring to gain experience and assist in their career development and
thereby further developing capacity in this field or research and
- Coordinate the training of monitors from all sites in
of Psychiatry, King's College, London, UK