|ITHACA - Institutional Treatment, Human Rights and Care Assessment||
Design/Imprint: Peter Rebernik
|Contact: Graham Thornicroft, ITHACA Principal Investigator|
Centre for Mental Health Care Development, Prague, CZCentre for Mental Health Care Development (CMHCD) is a non-governmental, nonprofit organization created in 1995 by Czech mental health care providers.
Mission StatementThe organization's mission is to help develop mental health care in the Czech Republic. CMHCD's work is in line with the Principles for the Protection of Persons with Mental Illnesses and the Improvement of Mental Health Care adopted by a UN General Meeting No. 46/119 in December 1991.
The principles declare treatment and care about mental patients a basic human right.
CMHCD's main mission is to provide information and facilitate identifying and resolving problems in mental health care. All activities, many of which get expert support from abroad, are addressed both to direct care providers, users and state administration employees of different levels (ministerial, regional, municipal) as well as health insurance companies.
CMHCD carries out the following activities:
- conceptual and methodical work in mental health care policies
- pilot projects - creation of health care models
- educational programms and research and evaluation activity
- law and supporting users´ movements and professional organizations
- destigmatization activities
- Barbora Wenigova, MA, clinical psychologist Director of Centre for Mental Health Care Development since 2005. At present she is the main coordinator of ITHACA project. Main areas of interest: destigmatization, deinstitualization, carerÂ´s movement, individual and family psychotherapy.
- Jan Stuchlik, MD, researcher Director of Fokus - Mlada Boleslav, community mental health care service. Main interests are human rights in mental health care institutions, psychiatric community care, case management, and general practitioners education.
- Pavla Šelepová, MA, assistant Currently responsible for ITHACA project. She is interested in user´s and carer´s movement, destigmatization and international migration.
- Petra Kacirkova, Ing., financial manager Responsible for financial supervision of EU funded projects.
ContactCentre for Mental Health Care Development
130 00 Praha 3
Phone: +420 222 811 122
Fax: +420 222 811 122