|ITHACA - Institutional Treatment, Human Rights and Care Assessment||
Design/Imprint: Peter Rebernik
|Contact: Graham Thornicroft, ITHACA Principal Investigator|
Clinic of Psychiatry, Faculty of Medicine, Vilnius University, LTClinic of Psychiatry of Vilnius University (VU) has 15 years experience in research and training of professionals in mental health.
Main research areas focus on development and evaluation of community-based services for people with severe mental illness.
Within the last 5 years Prof. Dainius Puras and Dr. Arunas Germanavicius were involved in regional projects (collaborating with Mental Disability Advocacy Centre in Budapest) on assessment of human rights in mental health institutions in Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania and Kaliningrad region (Russia), as well as in 4 Pan-European research projects.
A report on human rights is available in Lithuanian and in English.
- Search for new methods of diagnostics, treatment, rehabilitation and prevention of psychiatric disorders, related social and psychological variables
- Arunas Germanavicius, MD, PhD, Assoc.Prof. in Psychiatry
- Dovile Juodkaite, MA, Lawyer
- Rokas Uscila, MA, PhD, Lawyer
- Giedrius Sadzevicius, MA, Lawyer
ContactClinic of Psychiatry
Vasaros str. 5, Vilnius