Heinrich-Heine-University Düsseldorf, Department of Psychiatry and PsychotherapyThe Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Heinrich-Heine-University Düsseldorf is a specialist clinical centre for psychiatry, psychosomatics, and psychotherapy as well as a university hospital.
It provides care for the residents of Düsseldorf (except for the northern districts) and administers far-reaching research tasks. The department for child and youth psychiatry and -psychotherapy is also responsible for the district of Mettmann.
Mission StatementThe tasks of the Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy Düsseldorf comprise:
- To recognize illnesses, to heal and to prevent worsening, and to relieve medical conditions
- To provide medical, nursing and medical-rehabilitative services through in- and out-patient services as well as services divided between hospital and home
- To research and teach
- To provide medical further education
- To operate training facilities necessary for the hospital
- To execute measures of improvement and security
Treatment include a broad range of modern treatments offerings. Furthermore, many coworkers also work in various research groups to improve psychiatric and psychotherapeutical treatment.
The hospital provides 650 beds in a polyclinic and in different wards. Beside in-patient services, several day hospitals and out-patient services as a polyclinic and institutional and front end outpatient departments.
Provider of the hospital is the "Landschaftsverband Rhineland (LVR)" with residence in Cologne.
- Wolfgang Gaebel, PhD, Professor of Psychiatry
- Harald Zäske, Dipl.-Psych., Psychologist
ContactDepartment of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy
Bergische Landstr. 2
www.rk-duesseldorf.lvr.de/forschung/ -> Forschungsgruppe Destigmatisierung