|ITHACA - Institutional Treatment, Human Rights and Care Assessment||
Design/Imprint: Peter Rebernik
|Contact: Graham Thornicroft, ITHACA Principal Investigator|
Centre of Expertise on treatment, rehabilitation and recovery of people of severe mental illness
Phrenos Centre of Expertise was founded in 2010, as a result of the
merger of two Dutch organizations: the Centre of Expertise on
Rehabilitation and the Schizophrenia Foundation. Phrenos is supported
and partly funded by 32 large mental health institutions from all parts
of the Netherlands.
Phrenos is a network organization collaborating with several research institutes in mental health. The organization makes an effort in playing a central role in gathering knowledge on treatment, rehabilitation and recovery between all actors in this field.
Mission StatementThe centre of expertise defines its mission as:
Gathering, stimulating, developing, disseminating and implementing knowledge and expertise on treatment, recovery, rehabilitation and community support of people with severe mental illness.
Its goal is to give a substantial input to recovery oriented care, by stimulating self-help and using peer support, formulating quality criteria and developing high-quality rehabilitation methods and community support.
- Dissemination of knowledge on mental health issues: treatment, stigma and discrimination, social in- and exclusion, anti-stigma, health policies, rehabilitation methods.
- Innovation and implementation of knowledge on mental health issues
- Organising conferences and symposia on these issues
- Publication of Journal on rehabilitation and recovery
- Jaap van Weeghel, PhD, scientific director , programme coordinator research
- Jeanne Nitsche, MA, general director
- Dienke Boertien, MA, project coordinator recovery
- Fons van der kar, MA, project coordinator education
- Eleonoor Willemsen, MA, project coordinator community support and communication consultant
- Ellen Otto, project coordinator IPS
- Daniëlle van Duin, MA, project coordinator
- Hetty van Hemme, project assistant
- Petra Klabbers, office manger
- Toine Ketelaers, information
ContactPhrenos Centre of Expertise
Da Costakade 45
3500 BE Utrecht
Phone: 030 2931 626
Fax: 030 2936 322